Friday, November 6, 2009

45TH MADNESS

The Evolution:

First: where you at dips

Then: 25 hang power cleans, 25 push press/jerk, 25 hang clean/jerk, 3 TGU's
(3 rounds, at 95# bb for cleans, 70lb KB for TGU's)
( 30 minute limit)

Then: "crazy 8's"
SDHP
Pushups
Squats
SItups
Wall Ball
Ball Slam
Box Jumps
KB swings
(8 reps of each, 8 rounds, 25 minute limit)

This one was BRUTAL!! A newcomer led the way with 27 dips. Kudos to you, Brian. The second part of the evolution proved too difficult for anyone to complete as required in the allotted time, though certainly not for a lack of effort. Jessica once again proved to be super human leading the way in "crazy 8's" in just over 20 minutes. I can honestly say this was perhaps the most taxing evolution yet. I'm proud of everyone who made it through unscathed!!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Where you at: 9 (I'm coming for you 10, you elusive bastard).

Then: DNF, not for lack of trying. Missed finishing by 20 clean/jerks and 3 Turkish Get-ups. Started with 75 lb., for the first round and then dropped to 65 lb. TGU at 30 lb.

Then: "Crazy Eights" 26:01 with a 35 lb. KB.

I'm getting better. I can feel it.

Sanjay said...

I apologize for being a no-show last night. I got nauseous on the bus ride home and decided to call it an early night. Really mad about that, too, because I know I'm missing next week because I'll be crammed into a plane going over the Atlantic. Or possibly killing time while waiting for my connection at Paris. Either way, I won't be there.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a wuss, I know....

Jessicaca said...

WYA: 20 dips

1ere: began first set using prescribed load of 95#, dropped to 85# once i reached c+j...BIG FAT DNF, was somewhere in the middle of the third round hang power cleans when time was called. honestly, "thank god" was what i thought. i felt very discouraged with having been nowhere near finishing :0( oh, and dropped from 53# to 44# kbs after first round.

2eme: Crazy 8s
20:44@ 44# kb and high box

Fathead said...

This one was insane and thats why its taken me so long to post about it. F*cking crazy!

Where you at: 19 pullups

Then: DNF. Worked with 95lb load goal and 53lb KB (after trying a set with 70lb KB) Got through 2 full rounds and 5 power cleans before time was up. This was destructive and my hands and wrists are still feeling the affects.

Crazy 8's: Didn't finish in the allotted time of 25 min. but shortly after 27 min. I'm a bit disappointed but was also so taxed from previous that I totally understand why it was super difficult. Still no excuses though.

70lb KB for SDHP
53lb KB swings
20lb medicine ball
medium/high (1 round) box

Loved the challenge of this one and would like to do crazy 8's again but fresh.

See you all this week!

GO COTTO!!!