Monday, March 23, 2009

madness14

On an evening that rocked the boat of sanity, the task accomplished exceeded the mastermind's expectations. A myriad of emotion was flying around in the cauldron of anguish and more than once I thought some would bail. Solange is getting real fast as is Tom, their anaerobic strength endurance makes one look on with incredulity. Jessica is truly giving in to her animal half and JT (as always) is as strong as an ox and the bar that most strive to clear. Brandon is a silent force shining the light of the well balanced and Edgar is proving to be a real catalyst exemplifying unsentimental self analysis while tickling the hairy chin of the exceptional. We look forward to being pricks on form. Photos have been neglected, please forgive me, they are coming.

THE EVOLUTION:
Squat 1RM w/partner
then
30/30/30
Knee jumps/ push press/rest
(6 rounds)
then
“500”
10 tuck jumps+
10 burpees+
10 b/o row+
10 snatch+
10 lunge+
10 reverse lunge+
10 push up+
10 reverse swings+
10 box jumps+
10 high pull
(5 rounds)

5 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

I am so not taking on Ox as a nickname.

Strength 275# squat. Kinda dirty

Endurance 24:59 with 25# dbs

Tom said...

To late OX, already happend.

I feel like with every leap foward I make at the evolutions, I also get hindered with an injury. I Seriously effed up my right knee sometime on Thursday night and didn't realize it until I could barely walk this weekend. I coupled that with a stomach virus my wife and I both shared over the past few days that was severe enough to send her to hospital. Racing to the bathroom with a bad knee is no bueno. All in all, an awful weekend and the reason why I missed Justin's show on Friday (sorry buddy).

My knee is the reason I have not been in the gym so far this week and why I have decided to (*sniffle) not attend this weeks evolution. I think it could use the rest. I have an appointment with a an orthopedic (sp?) on thrusday morning, so I will keep you all posted. Work hard and take it one rep at a time, and know that I will be jealous of your pain on thursday night.

Steve said...

Tom, what's going on with the knee? Have you iced it? Did it swell? Have you elevated it? When you say effed up, can you be more specific? Concerned.

Tom said...

It never really swelled that I could tell. It feels more internal. It hurts like hell directly under the knee cap and on both sides of the joint. I can not walk without limping and while I can walk straight ahead ok, I have zero lateral dexterity. All in all, I have no confidence in the joint when I use it and it always feels as if it is half an inch away from giving out in any dierection. Like I said...effed up.

Fathead said...

My apologies for not attending last night. I have been injury prone recently and this week my lower back got a bit tweaked (doing deadlifts with improper form) and instead of pushing it I decided to rest up and let it heal. Should be ready for next week's evolution though.
Can't wait to hear what madness last night's participants went through. I was jealous and pissed off that I wasn't there lying prone on my wood floors thinking of you all. The lucky ones.

Til next time.

Have a great weekend everyone!