Tuesday, March 17, 2009

madness13

Lucky #13 scared most of the mad away. Three brave souls decided to throw aside silly superstition and embark on a quiet hour of hell. Just three and myself as the prettier half of the crew was getting his unmentionable reamed out with some sort of recording device. It was only fit that the brave endure an equally painful reaming. Solange, Tom, and JT. Each exemplified the spirit of the undaunted and stepped through to the other side without cheer or encouragement from peers. My heart bleeds for the rest of you for allowing weakness to enter your mind and douse your spirit with the urine of cowardice.

THE EVOLUTION:
barbell TGU for high score in 10mins
(load x reps = score)
then
50/10s
wallball/ballslam - 50/10,40/20,30/30,20/40,10/50
then
“The Colonoscopy”
100 squats + 10 ghsu +
100 squats + 10 ghsu +
100 squats + 10 ghsu +
100 squats + 10 ghsu +
100 squats + 10 ghsu

4 comments:

Fathead said...

My cowardice was in the form of a recovering bum ankle...which is now close to 100% and will allow me to partake in this weeks evolution.
I cannot wait. Kettle bells will wish they've never been manufactured!

Jt Netterville said...

Promises promises.

Strength portion:
14 getups at 75# for 1,050 points

Power:
Dunno

The Colonoscopy
20:24

Tom said...

"...urine of cowardice"?!? Wow...just wow. I think I might have slightly tore something in my shoulder as every time I do KB swings it hurts like six bitches in a bitch boat (a little Aqua Teen Hunger Force quote for all you nerds out there). If they are part of tonights evolution I may, humbly, have to request an alternative.

Fathead said...

Last night's 500 was excruciating. Up until then, I felt pretty good with what I had accomplished.

225lbs squat very close to parallel but not quite there yet. Still have to work on it.

30/30/30 club was great - had little to no problem with the knee jumps and push presses but this was just to get the muscles ready for what was to come.

Here once again I went back into my head and it was telling me there was no way I could get through 5 rounds of this craziness. I have to learn to just BE and as Steve says, take it one rep at a time. Almost threw up - check! and afterwards when we were sitting near the front recapping what we had just done, I almost lost it for a sec...chest felt tight and light-headedness was kicking in, but a couple of deep breaths later...much better.

Killer work out as usual guys and always much MUCH appreciated!

JT is really not human and Jessica and Solange have continued to shock and impress me every time out...Tom and Brendan are monsters. One day I will be one of them...

Have a great weekend guys and gals!
See you next Thursday!