Saturday, February 28, 2009

Madness#12

Understanding what it means to be half human and half spirit takes more than simple contemplation. The journey is where the lessons lie, and at midnight the players choose to hit the fast forward button and get a healthy dose of that life medicine. A pattern has established itself in an organic way. The week cycles get shorter as the ritual approaches. The mad are alive for an hour. Perhaps that aliveness trails them through their week. I don't know. What is apparent, however, is a willingness to walk the razor and test ones metal when one joins the ranks and converges on the precipice of despair.

I Can't remember the moment it happened, but the collective has turned into a pack of animals with senses heightened and instincts sharp. When a newcomer arrives they take them into the fold with encouragement consuming the trepidation they once felt as if carrying a burden they know only they can handle. I see the enlightened as I hear the pain echo off the iron.





Please post comments, weight, and times.

4 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

Hang Squat: 75#

KB triplet 12 minutes on the dot. 40# kb

5th Power: 14:39 with a 20#mb.

Have to admit, I didn't miss the frog hop lap.

Unknown said...

This was my second time at Midnight Madness and I love it. Steve and Justin do an amazing job of structuring the workouts and encouraging everyone throughout, pushing us way beyond our comfort zones and what I thought I could do. The comraderie really inspires you to push yourself, too.
The feeling of accomplishment lasts not only that night but beyond, into my every day life when I need to summon that motivation to go beyond.

Fathead said...

I heard a terrible rumor that madness was cancelled tonight! UGH!

Im heading in with Kendra around 8ish to do something similar to an evolution and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

See you all next week!

Fathead said...

FYI, the mini evolution given to me and Kendra by Justin last week was as follows:

15 thrusters every minute on the minute for 10 min. @
95lbs for me and 65lbs for Kendra.

We did one set at the required weight figured it would be impossible to do with that weight on the min and opted to give ourselves a min. rest in between with
me @ 65lbs and Kendra with the bar. We did 8 rounds.

Part 2 was:

25 pushups, 15 dips & 10 pullups for 5 rounds.
We did all 5 rounds but instead of pullups we did machine pulldowns.

Twas a fab workout!
Major thanks to Justin and Kendra!

And now for some bad news...I rolled my ankle in the boxing ring on Monday night and its recovering but I doubt I will be able to be ready for MM this Thursday. I still can't put that much pressure on it which is very upsetting. I wish you all a phenomenal madness and will most probably see you next week!

Good luck!