Friday, February 13, 2009

madness#10

A small but determined group appeared shortly before midnight. It seemed appropriate something this sinister should fall in the early morning hours of Friday the 13th. Of course, the combatants weren't concerned with superstitions and trivialities. They had something much more ominous to contend with. FIve seasoned veterans, one fledgling warrior. And so the battle began.

Kendra, Ed, and Solange fought through injury and sickness in order to evolve. Jessica was a force to be reckoned with as she moved through all elements with skill, power, and grace. JT once again proved his dominance with a superhuman effort during the power circuit. But this evolution was highlighted by a new face, a new spirit. While his body was broken and fading, his heart and will wouldn't let him quit. Sometimes the most impressive performances aren't attained by the most skilled, or the most powerful, but by the most determined. Collin, though I'm sure your body is beaten and aching, your spirit is soaring. And for that, you have earned everyone's respect.


Next week. Our general returns. Beware.....

3 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

Somewhere along the way I lost the sheet, but here's results as best as I can remember.

5000#s lifted in 9:03 53 OH squats at 95#

I think it was just over 9 for the 6 rounds too. RDL @ 275#

Don't remember time on the last one.

Small'ish but totally kick ass group this week. Awesome work everybody.

Tom said...

I missed my first evolution last thursday due to illness. I went in on tuesday and did the evolution by myself. I tell you this my friends, a solitary evolution is a lonely path to walk.

Fathead said...

Great group last night - all men and all ready for anything thrown our way.

The barbell rotation was a great way to start but I felt I could've gone heavier to probably 85lbs instead of 65lbs and will certainly try that weight next time.
My snatch needs some serious work (that didn't sound right) and hopefully with the upcoming clinics, I can achieve perfect form.

I had some serious trouble with the crucifix combo...for starters, I never got into a handstand so I had to hold dumbells overhead (hard as hell) and I could only hang for about 10 seconds at a time after the first round. Im a big dude. I would say I failed miserably at this rotation.

The relay was a beast. Great cardio and leg burn out. The worm crawl was vomit inducing and the frog hop was no walk in the park...both equally terrible. Thanks to JT for picking up my slack and for us not finishing last...although I felt I should've done a farmers hold "victory" lap with Tom.

Once again Steve and Justin never cease to amaze me and Im feeling and looking way better than when I started. I feel the evolution and am very grateful for this program. Keep rockin' out guys!

Have a great weekend and see you next week!

P.S. forgot to mention that Im having peeps over at my place tomorrow from 6pm - til whenever. A going away party for my current roommate and a welcoming for my new roommate...food, drinks and we are probably ordering the PPV boxing match so you are all more than welcomed. Send me a text and Ill forward you my address if you would like to come. YAY! 917-647-7968