Tuesday, February 24, 2009

madness#11

JT, Tom, Edgar, Tim, Henry, Collin, Brandon, Ed. Each came with a specific purpose in mind. To evolve. To undergo gradual change. To develop and achieve in small stages, or in the case of this past thursday, in giant leaps. The 6-way barbell circuit, "the crucifix", the froghop/wormcrawl relay. We develop these tests, these "evolutions", to bring you to the edge of your physical, emotional, and spiritual limits. We want to separate the strong from the meek. We want to discourage the fainthearted and exalt the fearless. We strive to become the elite. Because there is something deep within us that refuses to be pedestrian. Because we were not put on this earth to lose. Because the words "I can't do that" don't exist in our vocabulary. I watched 8 men fight and claw and scrap until their bodies and minds were pulp. And I witnessed 8 men who loved every minute of it. Fucken awesome.

3 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

Welcome back Master Chief.

power/endurance: 13:36@ 95# Sorry 'bout the pacing Master Chief.

Took two laps on the relay. Won't slow down when I earn almost half a lap on somebody next time.

Tom said...

I wasn't about to get lapped by JT on yet another event. I really am exhausted today and still like a kid at Christmas for tonight's evolution.

Fathead said...

My legs will be in some serious trouble come tomorrow morning but right now Im scraping by.
I slept maybe 4 complete hours last night, thoughts meandering from what I was gonna eat this morning, how did the Cavs ruin my 'streak for the cash' streak on Espn.com and wtf will Steve and Justin have in store for us next week.
The bags under my eyes are very prominent. Last night was, as usual, brutal but I felt damn good about it.

I thought it was one of the best and especially my best evolution yet save for the insane amount of renegade pushups we had to do that were throwing me off my game. Thanks to Justin and Steve for keeping me in it to win it.

The hanging squats for 10 min. was a great way to start, testing our endurance, strength and mental stress...if it wasnt my forearms, then my legs or shoulders were hurting while waiting for the next round to start...good times.

The barbell trio into the squat jumps were AWESOME and I think I did pretty good with that section. I was using a lighter kettle bell than most of the guys but felt I needed to this time in order to get proper form down...and I think I succeeded.
Time: just under 15 min.

8 rounds of The Fives was killer and as I already mentioned, accentuated by the renegade pushups.
I swat (what the hell is the past tense for sweat?) a shitload!
Time: just over 20 min.

I can't say enough how happy and grateful I am for EFC and it has become a permanent staple in my gym routine...I would follow you guys anywhere.

Have a great weekend everyone!
See you next week.

P.S. we WERE extremely fatigued (Solange)