Friday, May 14, 2010

68th madness

(CLICK HERE FOR PICS)

1st
Squat clinic

Then
10-1 kb swing
1-10 clap push up
10-1 pull up
1-10 box jump

then
1 kb squat
10 hspu
2 pistols
10 something difficult
3 db squat clean
10 deck squat
4 sotts press
10 japanese push up
5 db snatch each arm
10 shoot throughs

For all the new blood that entered the world of the mad this evening, let me reiterate that Extreme Fitness Concepts is about personal transcendence. It's less about berating oneself for not measuring up to the mechanical standards set forth by a collective, but more about pushing the limits of the creative piece of your biological protoplasm. That said, we do strive for perfection within a movement, but that is just a means to an end, not the goal. Once again, the goal is to come face to face with your higher self, to test your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual limits, to transcend that which we think we are in order to find something or someone that is only revealed in sporadic moments of excellence, or in moments of raw vulnerability. The true treasure of Extreme Fitness Concepts is that one can experience this state regardless of technical ability. You only need accept it.

"I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself." -D. H. Lawrence

3 comments:

Fathead said...

Great to be back!!! I missed you guys and Im sure I was missed ;)

Squat clinic Me & Eric did 115lbs. Needed that warmup for the rest but after 50 of them my butt and thighs were def sore

Then: 20:53 I used a 53lb kb, medium box jump (1 round high box) This was super tough but a great way to get back into it. The clapping pushups round 8 - 10 I replaced with the plyometric push ups and had to stop a few times. Pull ups were bad but not as bad as I thought. I could still plow through a few.

Then: 15:15 did everything but the pistons...too much pressure for my knees I think, didnt want to risk any more harm to my left knee.

Had a great time and was very happy to see so many people participating. Makes me very happy!

Can't wait for next week and have a great weekend everybody!

justin said...

good to have you back edgar! wasn't the same without you, bud.

Jt Netterville said...

first: Bobby and I shared 135#. Honestly we could have both pushed that more. I could have pushed that a lot more. Didn't time it specifically but the two of us rotating off, wouldn't be surprised if we finished around the 4 minute mark.

Then: 13:48 with 32kg bell and dead hang pullups

THEN: 10:41
32kgs for squat and tgu.
35# for squat clean
45# deck squat
35# dbs for sots
70# db snatch