Saturday, January 23, 2010

52nd madness

"HELL NIGHT"

I am astounded by the commitment. The transformation that you all have gone through over the last year has been the inspiration which makes EFC continue to evolve, to push its boundaries. This evening was made to bury, to bring you to your knees. It was designed to see how far you would go before you called it a night. To my surprise, very few ever did. As the evening went on I began to get very ill; however, in spite of the evil that was growing inside of my stomach, I thought it only appropriate that i stay and witness the tenacity that was being displayed before me. There was no way I could leave as you gritted teeth and left it all on the floor. Sorry i had to leave so suddenly at the end of the night without sharing how proud I was of all of you. Thank you all so much for a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual year raising new bars, creating our own boundaries, and decimating societies norms. You are the revolution.

5 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

So basically what he's saying is that by rising to the challenge, we're damning ourselves to ever increased punishment.

Sweet.

Right of passage 317
Where you at
pullups 32,20,21,16,21
pushups 10,9,11,12
squats 100,30,25,39,35
hspu 5,5,1,4,2

515
225# and 20# dbs

Mile 7:43

Steve said...

and 1000 cable rows in one set. a non-stop set of 1000 cable rows. thats what i'm talking about.

Sanjay said...

This was fun. Since so many of us made it through, I assume all future Madnesses are going to be this tough, yes? Note to self, start listing Fridays as unavailable for work.

Anyway, Right (Rite?) of Passage: 157. Not bad, considering I missed it last time. Oddly enough, the backs of my thighs started hurting after the first 20 or so, and the pain proceeded to travel down and, apparently, out of my legs.

Where you at:
*Pull-ups: 0, 0, 0, 0, 2. I think those are the first two unassisted pull-ups I've done since grade school.
*Push-ups: 6, 11, 12, 8, 11
*Squats: 26, 30, 32, 27, 37
*HSPU: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0. Still can't actually get into position for a proper HSPU. My legs just sort of flail up there for a moment before I fall down again. Though, unlike the pull-ups, I haven't been working as diligently on those, so no surprise at no progress, I guess.

515: 135lbs deadlifts (probably should've gone heavier, but that's easy to say now), 18 lbs kettlebells. For the first set or so, I was worried because the KBs were pulling on my elbows in an odd way, but once my arms got used to the stress, I was fine (if slow).

Cable-rows @ goal! And quite fast too, I surprised myself. I hit some kind of super-second wind here, because I busted these out like they were nothing! (Not quite as cool as JT, but that's a pretty high standard.)

I did not pay attention to how long the run took me. 10-ish minutes, I think. This was really hard for me after everything else, I felt like my chest was gonna explode, which is particularly bad since I wasn't going all that fast (started at 5.0 mph, gradually ramped up to 6.0 or 6.5, after several minutes, took it back to 5.0 and started working back up again).

Anyway, all I can say is that I'm quite proud of myself for having finished the gamut. Looking forward to this weeks lunacy.

Steve said...

It's word play buddy. real proud of you.

Dave said...

Great to be back. I'm glad I was able to be part of the 1 year grind session. Madness is one of the best things I've done with my life. I can't wait until my upper-body has more strength than a kitten's.

ROP: 187
WYA:
Pullups - 0,1,0,0,0
Pushup - 9,10,7,6,6
Squats - 150,60,100,27(I know),113
HSPU - 0,0,0,0,0

515: 135#/ 15lb.
Cable Rows: 80#
Mile: 8:00