Saturday, January 10, 2009

midnight madness #6

(CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE MADNESS)
Fresh gladiators entered the coliseum and intensity became paramount. These men were all business. No flattery, no feigned enthusiasm, just head down focus that could stop a charging rhino. Curses were being hurled at the facilitators as eyes stung from a river of sweat meandering its way into the tear-ducts. Some unfortunate souls made the choice not to go on as their legs gave out or their breath failed them. Others trudged on with the thought of "joining the fallen" quickly becoming an attractive alternative to the hell they were barely enduring. They endured.

This madness reminds us that no matter how mentally or physically prepared we may think we are, the day we leave behind could lead to our ultimate demise. EAT. HYDRATE. REST. If you fallow these rules, you'll prevail.

Thanks to the new faces for joining the revolution. I'm confident we'll meet again.

10 comments:

Eric said...

DEFEATED! One word nothing else.

justin said...

don't let it psyche you out eric. most would not even attempt what you put yourself through the other night. i still say "tabata tornado" is as hard a circuit as we've ever done. except for maybe what i put myself through today. which you'll get a chance to experience thursday. :)

i look forward to watching you redeem yourself!!

Fathead said...

All I can think about is Thursdays evolution...only one and already addicted!

Pete Papa said...

Before we got started last thursday I knew I was about to kick my ass all over the gym. I heard about the garbage cans and the puddles of sweat, but nothing could've prepared me for what I endured. That was a truly intense 3 fold workout. 1 part physical, 1 part mental, and 1 big part spiritual. When it was all over I knew I had evolved. I was still buzzing on endorphines the morning after. I can't wait to do it again!

Steve said...

beautiful!

Jt Netterville said...

Eric,
That's 1.
Don't let it happen again.

Tom said...

I have trained all week in a self imposed spiral of gym hell in preparation for the up coming evolution. I have drank nothing but water all week and have almost completely cut refined white flour and sugar from my diet to give myself even the slightest leg up tonight. I have found that pain is merely what weakness feels like when it leaves the body.

Fathead said...

A few Haikus for your pleasure:

10 Minutes of Hell
my legs are broken damn you!
Another Success

I hurt everywhere
bruises on my arms and legs
my weekend is ruined!

Dead lifts, KB swings
nightmares that plague me all day
Winter is soooo cold

Steve said...

Dude, love it.

Steve said...

Dude, love it.