Saturday, January 31, 2009

midnightmadness#9

(updated Madness 7&8 photos)

The amazing thing about the spirit is that once it takes over, failure is not possible. I wish you could see what I see as I weave in and out through the dreadful apocalypse of pain and pleasure. From the cries of hatred toward the urge to give up and go home, determination raises its weary head and bellows NO.

Ed almost lost it and wouldn't listen when I said stop. He earns everyones respect. Tom has become an animal. Brandon is progressing at a rate that is surprising even him. Solange graduated to the big plate club. Dave is like a freight train that has no brakes. The bar has been raised as I new it would. Now the fun begins.

1 comment:

Fathead said...

Once again another excruciating evolution highlighted by 250 kettle bell swings!
At 150 I was definitely going to quit but was egged on by Steve and Justin. At 200 most people had finished and I was struggling and thinking this would be the end but Steve pushed me and with the added help of everyones encouragement, to my surprise, I finished. Mind over matter.
One-legged deadlifts is now one of my favorites. You can instantly feel them working in your gluts, hammies and lower back. Will def incorporate these in my regular workouts. There is no question of their effectiveness when done correctly.
My shoulders are shot and my forearms are swollen.
Question guys:
What would happen if we started an hour earlier? Everyone gets there at 11 we start by 11:30 and we are still technically working past midnight so the name wouldnt have to change. The gym is pretty empty still around that time no? Just a thought.
Thanks again for another stellar workout and can't wait til next week!
Have a great weekend everyone!