Saturday, January 3, 2009

WE'RE BACK

After a very brief hiatus, midnight madness will return this thursday 1/8/09. This year will prove more challenging than last. Our goal: awakening. It's time to take our revolution to the next level. Some of you are already incorporating Extreme Fitness Concepts into your repertoire. Now, the time has come to envelope the ideal and become a change agent in physical culture. I'm seeing more and more people looking at clocks and watches instead of TVs and mirrors and that inspires me. However, a consciousness shift will be the catalyst for the change I hope to accomplish.

Here is a brief allegory that explains what disturbs me about the pervading mindset in most gym facilities:

Said a sheep to a shepherd as the shepherd was deadlifting 445#,"Lifting that kind of weight is not worth the danger for achieving these aesthetic gains. Baah, Baah, Baah." Said the shepherd to the sheep, "I've experienced something you haven't HERD of yet."

Be the shepherd.

See you thursday.

4 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

Funny. Waldo made an appearance on another blog just the other day. Popular guy.

Fathead said...

When I think of my inaugural Midnight Madness, I think of Black Sabbath's "Heaven and Hell" and heres why:

1. When you first listened to this album you were angry and disappointed that Ozzy wasn't a part of it but the more you listened to Dio, you began to appreciate his vocal prowess and ultimately accepted and rocked out with the new band for what they've become. Still though, in the back of your head, you resented Iommi for his part in Ozzy's splitting from the band.
When I first started doing the exercises Steve and Justin put together, I was like, what the f*ck am I doing here at midnight and why the hell am I putting myself through this torture! but when I was done I was incredibly grateful and elated that I was able to complete the exercises that they cared enough to put together and helped us get through as a team. Still though, I resent those two today for making my walk to work a very unpleasant one!

2. Just like the title of the album, Midnight Madness is truly Heaven and Hell. Hell is hot, painful suffering and last night was nothing short of that but when I was done, I felt like I had reached nirvana! I mean I was probably still just extremely light headed/close to fainting from the routine but I couldn't be happier.

3. Steve and Justin played a metal soundtrack which was AWESOME and perfectly appropriate for what we were doing. A few suggested tunes for next time:

Mastodon - IRON TUSK
Threat Signal- INANE
Sepultura - CUT-THROAT
Meshuggah - RATIONAL GAZE

4. Steve and Justin kick ass and have a clear view of what they want to accomplish. They are well ahead of the curve and are well on their way to transforming a crew of men/women into super machines who will one day take over the world! Rock on guys! and I can't wait to do it again and again and again! Thank you!

Steve said...

Thank you fathead. Well said, and nice analogy. Glad to be a part of bringing to the doorstep of nirvana . I'll get right on the music. Haven't thought of Sepultura in a while.

justin said...

our pleasure fathead. we look forward to continuing to assist you with your evolution into a "super machine".